Sunday, November 4, 2007

Getting ready to go to Brazil

Visa Approved!


My Visa for Brazil was approved in early September, and set in motion a fast-paced series of events to get me to my destination. First was moving out of my townhome so it could be leased (which happened the Day I left for Brazil!) Many helping hands made this day go smoothly!




Commissioning Service

On Sunday, October 21, I had the privilege of giving the Children's Sermon at my home church (on being M&M kids - Missions Minded Kids!) and then having the children 'lay hands/hug/squish' me for prayer! It was a very special send-off!




After the service a special dinner with family and friends . . .



Off to the Airport
Then it was time to get packed . . .


What?! You're leaving me? Not if I can help it . . ..


Good-Byes at the Airport



Left:
My brother Brett, sister-in-law Noel, and their children: Gabe, Anna, and Ethan, and my friend Kim.


Right: My mom & me




Finally, BRAZIL!


No comments: