Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September 2009

LAR Orphanage
September activities at the Lar included another 'fun' day as well as a worship service to thank God for the opening of the new house for the on-site children. The new directors (who are actually the old directors that returned) wanted to give thanks to all who had been praying for them and for their being able to come back and continue their work here.


Directors of the Lar, Pastor Neidimar and wife Maura, and a dance routine at the worship service


My students worked on some special projects for extra-credit










Churchtime at Calvary
I have started teaching in Jr. Churchtime at my church here and it's been fun getting to know the kids a little better as well as being understood when I speak in English! We have a lesson, memory verse and craft time each week.


Vila Andrade
Vila Andrade has had a group of 4 - 5 year olds starting the project with them, and they are real cute!


I had a visitor from my home church in the States here in Sao Paulo on business, and got a chance to give him a quick tour of Vila Andrade.











Weekend fun
I've been blessed with great friends that I can hang out with after church for a time of fun and fellowship. Below is a visit to a local park, and a visit to the bowling alley with a girl from Vila Andrade for her birthday.


No comments: