Sunday, January 17, 2010

Celebrating Christmas and New Year's in São Paulo

I celebrated the holiday's with friends this year here in Brazil, with invitations and celebrations coming together at the last minute. Christmas eve included a beautiful candlelight service at church, followed by friends coming over to my apartment later in the evening to bring in Christmas and watch fireworks being shot off in the neighborhood. Christmas day was a lovely event at the home of my Pastor with his family and other church family, great food, singing Christmas carols and playing games. What a blessing they were to me, as I was rather sad at being away from family this year. They made me feel apart of their family!
New Year's Eve was spent reading aloud the book of Revelation at church, which is a yearly custom. Later I went to a friends for barbeque and more fireworks! Happy 2010!

Christmas Eve at my apartment















Christmas Day









































Ringing in the New Year!


























1 comment:

Edmund de Trois said...

I'm not gonna lie: I have no desire to EVER celebrate Christmas in short sleeves. It just seems so... vulgar.

Hope you had a good one. Happy New Year!