Thursday, February 24, 2011

Stateside visit

I was able to spend Christmas in the States this past December, and followed the holidays with a surgery that had me recovering the month of January at my mom’s. I appreciated all the well-wishes and flowers I received from family, friends, and supporters.

P1080996 

Before I came back to Brazil in early February, I was able to speak about my mission work during a chapel service at a Christian school where one of my former Brazilian colleagues now works, as well as at a Senior Center. The kids at the school were very fun and asked a lot of questions during my presentation. Afterwards I stopped in a few classrooms for more Q&A. 

P1090096

P1090097 visiting in Elisabeth’s classroom

P1090099 speaking at the Senior center (below)

P1090114

I have shed the heavy layers, coats and mittens and am getting ready for a new year of English classes! 

No comments: