Sunday, November 27, 2011

November 2011

In the last month our South Brazil field was privileged to have our President and two others from the WorldVenture HQ make a visit to us here in Brazil as they did some traveling around South America. It was good to put a face to names I had seen in communications, as well as hear from Hans Finzel, our President, about his decision to move on from WorldVenture and the search for his replacement. Please join in prayer with our mission about the search process and that God will bring us the right person as Han’s replacement.

(Below: myself, Hans Finzel, Chris Wynn, communications director, and Jeff Denlinger, Finance Director)  P1100986During their visit we were able to see a colleagues ministry in the city of Campinas, an hour away from São Paulo. I sat in on part of the ‘Kids club’ time that was hosted by my colleagues church and some visitors from the States.

P1110012 P1100997

P1110014

 

P1110005

 

At Vila Andrade, we are finishing the English book and wrapping up classes next week. We will have a Christmas party and graduation in December. Below students learning about food.

P1110118 

The Lar project has been busy with year-end activities as well.  This month they held a “Spring Fest” (as it is spring here and not autumn!) and each class gave a presentation about spring, and there was voting for the Spring Prince/Princess and King/Queen. The older students had fun dressing up for that! (Below: Some of ‘my girls’)

P1110126 My student Mayara was voted ‘Queen’ (for the morning session)

P1110130

Below, my afternoon students looking snazzy!

P1110141 The younger kids had fun in costumes as well!

P1110137 In this younger class, I gave a quick history lesson about American Thanksgiving during Thanksgiving week; the kids thought it was funny a turkey was the symbol! They colored pilgrims and did a maze/math sheet on the holiday.

P1110210

  P1110197

 

 

 

 

 

 

P1110195

P1110200 P1110199

I have my first student who earned 20 points in homework assignments! Stephanie has worked hard!

P1110201Her classmate earned 15 points and finally got the jump rope she has had her eye on. She ran around the room saying “I’m so happy! I’m so happy!”

P1110203

No comments: