Thursday, July 25, 2013

Reaching Brazilian children – here in the US – through VBS

Even though I am not in Brazil, I have had the privilege and pleasure to attend a Brazilian church here in Minneapolis. I love being able to worship in Portuguese!

http://www.ibetwincities.com 

During the month of July, a youth group from a church in Colorado came to do outreach ministry with the Brazilian church; they volunteered at ‘Feed my Starving Children’, prayer walked in the neighborhood, and held a free car wash and ministered to the people getting their cars washed.

Additionally, the group helped put on a Vacation Bible School for the church and neighborhood kids. The theme was the ‘Jungle Jaunt’ which, coincidentally, takes place in the Amazon Rainforest in Brazil. I had fun working with the group during the week and they were a huge blessing to the church and the community.

P1200066P1200236 P1200258 P1200159 P1200097 P1200263 P1200120 P1200176

Psalm 145:1-2

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever.

No comments: