Monday, December 10, 2007

Fun with missionaries!


One of the neat things I have enjoyed since arriving in Brazil has been re-aquainting myself with friends from Minnesota who are missionaries here, as well as meeting the other missionaries who are part of the South Brazil team. They have all been very helpful in getting me acclimated and making me feel very welcome here.


I went with the Riley family to the Horto Florestal Park, which is in the northern park of the city. We saw some exotic animals, birds and plants there. Below is a 'capivara' - part of the guinea pig family, a bird, and myself in front of some bamboo.




I celebrated "American Thanksgiving" with the family of the home I am temporarily staying at, the Kregnesses and other new friends.








The Embu Arts and Craft village with some teachers from the Pan American Christian Academy (PACA).








Helen (daughter of the couple whose home I am in), Lalia Kregness and myself at the Ladies Christmas Tea hosted by the Igreja Batista Morumbi church.



The WorldVenture Americas Director and his wife have been here visiting and meeting with all of us. Ken and Arlene Flurry were missionaries in Brazil for over twenty years before Ken was asked to move into his current role. They will be 'retiring' to Brazil in May 2008.


Field Christmas party at Casa de Pizza!


No comments: