Thursday, December 20, 2007

Lar Batista de Crianças Home


The Lar (or home) for children has five facilities in Sao Paulo. I am working at the Campo Limpo site. Here, there are 40 children housed, plus another 300+ from the surrounding community who attend before or after school programs. I will be teaching English starting in February.

The children are between the ages of 2 and 18. Besides additional classroom time, the children take part in music and dance programs, sewing and cooking lessons, and arts and crafts. Below are pictures of the children presenting some Christmas music at the Morumbi Baptist Church.

Please pray as I prepare my lessons, that the children would be excited to learn, and that I am able to present the Gospel message along with the English lessons.

No comments: